The Mission Management units at State and City level will provide technical/handholding support and coordination to the State UD Department/SLNA / Urban Local Bodies to carry out the following functions:
- Preparation of Service Level Improvement Plan (SLIP) and State Annual Plan (SAAP) including Capacity Building Plan.
- Coordinate and monitor City MMU’s /Cities in the preparation of SLIPs and implementation of reforms focusing on outcomes.
- Support selection of handholding agencies / consulting firms for end to end assistance (planning, design, supervision and project management in AMRUT
- Support in section of training institution for conducting individual capacity building programmes for municipal functionaries and elected representatives.
- Plan, assist and coordinate with the training institutions for individual Capacity Building programmes focusing on the four departments in ULBs
- Develop Urban Database Repository viz. 1. Data on service level bench marks (SLBs) of ULBs/States and Thrust Areas of AMRUT, ii. Other data requirements of Urban Sector, iii. Data bank on best practices or thrust areas/reforms resources institution /experts , programmes/schemes
- Coordinate the maintenance and upgradation of multilayered GIS maps.
- Monitoring for example IRMA reports (quarterly), Reform implementation Appraisal Reports by IRMA (half yearly) quarterly Score Card by States/Cities HPSC (AMRUT/Smart Cities Mission)
- Revision of State Law & Rules and ULB level policies for implementing AMRUT reform agenda
- Preparation of ULB level IEC materials like e-newsletter, brochures, etc
- .Promote the use of online instructional programmes for ULB functionaries.
In Smart Cities Mission:
- Support in selection of handholding agencies / consulting firms for preparation of Smart City proposal for Smart Cities Competition
- Support the ULB level data collection, checking for its reliability and validity and documentation of ULB level practices.
- Assist in preparation of Smart City Proposal (SCP) in the Smart Cities Selection Competition.
- Support in the establishment or Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) under the Smart City Mission.