AMRUT Kerala receives Rs.97.36 Cr from MoHUA on final approval of SAAP 2017-18
8-Mar-2018 : Kerala has fulfilled the five milestones required for the final approval of SAAP III . Following this, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has released Rs. 97.36 Cr as the first installment of Central Assistance for SAAP III projects. The third and final State Annual Action Plan 2017-18 for AMRUT, Kerala had received only an in principle approval from the Ministry of Urban Development during the Apex Committee held on 17.04.2017. MoUD has laid down precedent conditions for the release of the first instalment against SAAP III.
Milestones for SAAP III fund release and status are given below.
- Projects amounting to atleast 50% of SAAP I and SAAP 2 to have DPRs approved. – 93 % of DPRs of all the three SAAPs amounting to Rs.2199.35 Cr has been prepared and accorded administrative sanction/approval.
- 100% fund transfer of Central fund and matching state share of SAAP I and II – State has received 20% of the Central assistance for SAAP I and SAAP II. Central funds along with the matching state share has already been fully transferred to Directorate. (Amount in Cr)
CA released to State (20%)
State share due (30%)
Fund released to Mission Directorate (Central +State)
Dates of release(s)
- PDMC to be in place –State decided not to have a single agency as PDMC. All activities assigned to PDMC has been unbundled and distributed among the ULBs and parastatal agencies like KWA and LSGD Engg.Wing
- Credit rating of all mission cities – Credit rating of all nine mission cities of Kerala has been completed.
Name of the ULB
M/s Brickwork Rating India Pvt Ltd
M/s ICRA Limited
- Projects amounting to atleast 25% of SAAP I (Approx. Rs.150cr) to be contracted –
This is the last milestone which has been achieved by the State this week.
Approved amount of SAAP I – Rs. 587.99 Cr
25% of SAAP I required to be work awarded – Rs. 147 Cr
Projects awarded as on 17.02.18 – Rs. 153.08 Cr (26%)
The proposal for the final approval of SAAP III had been submitted to the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on 19.02.2018. MoHUA has processed the proposal, accorded approval and released 20% of the central assistance for SAAP III projects (Rs. 97.36 Cr) as first installment during the first week of March 2018.